Ai parcat ca un bou

Fans of Badly Parked Cars will love this initiative: Ai parcat ca un bou (the fruity translation of which would be ‘You’ve parked like a dickhead‘).

The idea is simple yet brilliant: download (from here) and print off the Ai parcat ca un bou stickers on self-adhesive paper, then just stick them on the windscreen or wing mirror of any cars which block pavements, entrances, occupy two spaces etc.

The message underneath Ai parcat ca un bou roughly translates as: ‘You are about to find out how difficult it is to remove self-adhesive paper from your windscreen. Good luck with it.’

We have no idea whose initiative this is, but hats off to them, and note that we will offer a prize to anyone who submits a photo of a badly parked car sporting one of these stickers.

1. […] This means that our old friend B98 LIE – who in the photo above is only blocking the pavement and the entrance to a private home – can continue to park with impunity. Unless of course we actually print some of these stickers. […]

2. daria says:

I’ve seen something similar in Cluj, with cars parked on bike lanes. Not very successful, since the stickers were easy to take off – but at least they got the drivers’ attention.

3. anon says:

too time consuming, a sticker can be done with stealth. Yes I’m a coward

4. I’ll be doing this!

For anyone needing a break from Bucharest and its badly parked cars, I am teaming up with the great Hungarian photographer Emese Benko to teach a 5 day Orthodox Easter workshop in Maramures. Spaces are going quickly:

5. FV says:

To whomever came up with this idea: Way to go, guys!

6. anon says:

I like the “you park like a cow” (if you’re a woman) bit.
    I hope to see these somewhere…now where can you buy really adhesive paper? the kind that’s difficult to get off like they use on the vigenettes?

• Parmalat says:

you know those commercial leaflets that they put on cars’ windscreens? if you’re unlucky enough to leave them for a night and in that night it rains – the next day all paint from the leaflets will be sticking on your windscreen. and not even a carwash will get that off =))

• Peter says:

Just use thick paper and superglue, succes guaranteed! I saw some nice examples of badly parked cars today, too bad I wasn’t equiped with the stickers yet…

• Parmalat says:

Yeah, but you have to be careful cause you can get in jail for that.

I know someone who worked for a carwash and after a month’s work the owner wouldn’t pay him so he took a bat and went to the carwash and broke the windscreen of a car that was waiting in there to be washed.

The carwash owner called the police and they arrested him for destroying property and he stood in jail for 6 months before being released and then he was convicted to 2 years with suspension.

I wouldn’t mess with peoples’ cars, Romanians (including prosecutors and judges) have strong feelings about their cars :D